Edmonton Forklift Training Courses - When forklift operator safety training is tailored for illiteracy, training time is reduced by half. Forklift training certification, lift-truck operator driver safety training evaluation, and train the trainer programs offer regulation-compliant, thorough training in industrial-powered fork truck safety and operation. Forklift pedestrian safety is offered as well.
We have a really competent group of expert trainers to make sure that your workers are well-trained. The certification is delivered on site by one of our certified instructors. People training will learn how to recognize hazards and carry out safety inspections needed for the safe and efficient utilization of a powered industrial lift truck.
Forklift Training Tips
The checklist below is essential for whichever workplace which has lift trucks on the premises. Each of these questions should be answered with "yes" if all the safety regulations and rules are being followed. A "no" to whichever question indicates a procedural weakness which may cause damage to machinery, accident or injury.
1) Is the operating area of the forklift separate from the traffic of pedestrians?
2) Is access to forklift areas by pedestrians restricted by a barrier?
3) The walkways for pedestrians are well-marked?
4) A sign is visibly clear stating a "lift truck in operation"?
5) Are mirrors for drivers and pedestrians provided at blind spots?
6) Are alterations to daily lift truck schedules communicated to all affected workers?
7) The forklift tires being used are suitable for all operating surfaces?
8) Is the seatbelt being utilized?
9) Is the seat in good condition?
10) The maintenance schedule of the forklift is being followed?
11) Is an annual forklift certification and inspection done?
12) Is the type of forklift right for the job?
13) Is there a readable load chart on the forklift?
14) Could the operators read and understand the load chart?
15) Does the chart list the safe capacity for various attachments and uses?
16) Are the warning devices on the forklift working properly?
17) The speed operating control device is secured correctly?
18) The lift truck overhead cage is fitted properly?
19) Do the operators of the lift truck have certifications to use the machinery?
20) Speed limits and warning signs are being observed?
21) Are lift truck operators up to date on training for all kinds of lift trucks being utilized?
22) Forklift operators understand their responsibilities to report the damage to the machinery and other forklift incidences?
23) Is the pre-test checklist reviewed daily prior to the equipment being used?